Veterinary Clinic Exercise
The owner of a veterinary clinic wants to create a database to store information about all veterinary services performed. After some research he came up with the following requirements:
- For each admitted animal, its name, breed (if any) and owner must be stored. Each animal should be given an unique numeric identifier.
- For each owner, its name, address and phone number should be stored. An unique numeric identifier should also be generated for each one of them.
- An animal might be owner-less. This happens frequently as the clinic often rescues abandoned dogs from the streets in order to treat them and get them new owners.
- It should be possible to store information about a specific breed even if no animals of that breed have been treated at the clinic.
- Each appointement always has a responsible physician. All appointements start at a certain date and time; and are attended by an animal (and of course its owner).
- For each physician, his name, address and phone number should be stored. An unique numeric identifier should also be generated for each one of them.
- In an appointement, several medical conditions might be detected. Each condition has a common name and a scientific name. No two conditions have the same scientific name.
- It should be possible to store information about the most common conditions for each different breed in the database.
Credits: André Restivo